Wednesday, October 12, 2016

If you give a mom an Autism Speaks gift card...


It's no secret that a large majority of my followers are following because they saw one of my posts on the Autism Speaks site. So I do not have to explain to you readers who they are and what they do. 

Autism Speaks has been really good to me and to Tate. Most recently, a representative of the online shop (http://bit.ly/2dOLZAy) sent us some merchandise to review. Knowing Tate as they do, there was a hoodie in the box. If you have followed us long at all you will know Tate puts a hoodie on in September and doesn't take it off until the end of May. He is a connoisseur of hoodies. He loved the Autism Speaks hoodie. It just so happened it came the evening before his birthday and he wore it on his birthday, proudly. 

I was asked to choose some things to review or blog about and was excited. I was excited, but it still took me two or three days to look at everything the shop had to offer. It was because I kept getting called away. The kids needed me. The phone rang. I had appointments. And one thing kept leading to another. 


And because of my love of the picture book series by Laura Numeroff, I was reminded of the mouse who is so distracted by everything around him, as I was trying to place that order! I decided to cartoon what it is like for a busy mom to shop online sometimes. 








Use this link to go to the Autism Speaks shop. If you place an order or buy a loved one a gift card, let them know that Lisa and Tate from Quirks and Chaos sent you.  http://bit.ly/2dOLZAy

And I'd love to hear what you liked best in the shop!








2 comments:

  1. My favorite was the window cling. And I LOVE your cartoons. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have so many items I couldn't list them all! It takes me days to shop their site because I have to stay in budget.... soooo....things go in the cart, get taken out of the cart and exchanged of other stuff, which gets replaced by 10 other things I love, which get whittled down to a few things I have to have, which get added to...etc,etc,etc! **********
    I love your strips and wish they were in my daily newspaper!

    ReplyDelete